- South Island
- $TBC - Dependant on Experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
Medical Director – Part time 0.6 FTE (24 hours per week)
Our Client is an Urgent Care Centre located in the South Island and is staffed by a multi-disciplinary team that includes Urgent Care specialists, GP’s, nurse practitioners, nurses and health care assistants. The centre is open Monday-Sunday 8am
As the Medical Director your role will be to ensure that the highest standard of clinical care is delivered, and that targets and objectives are met in line with national and local standards.
The role is also responsible for
- Overseeing the performance of urgent care clinical staff, in particular the regular appraisal of clinician’s contributions to the service.
- The development and implementation of the strategic and operational plans of the urgent care centre.
- Providing leadership to clinical staff working at the centre – alongside leadership colleagues.
- Supporting the business manager in setting and achieving annual budgets
- Participating in strategic thinking and development of the primary health sector.
- FRNZCUCP or on the pathway to UCP
- Must have minimum 10 years’ experience in General/ Urgent Care practice
- Must have previous experience in a management and leadership role
- Experience in running or managing a medical facility is desirable