- South Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is after a General Practitioner to cover student health services for a variety of positions. They have permanent, part time and full-time positions available. Hours of work are negotiable, between 8.30am and 8.30pm starting now.
As a General Practitioner, you will work as part of a large multidisciplinary primary health care team providing primary medical care to all eligible students, in a professional, culturally safe, supportive, understanding, and caring manner, always.
The focus of practice is on young adult health care, but patients may be aged between 17 and 80 years old.
Successful candidates will be:
• Registered with the Medical Council of New Zealand with a valid, appropriate Annual Practicing Certificate and Indemnity Insurance.
• Skilled and knowledgeable in core General Practice areas.
• Interested in care delivery for a young adult population.
• Collaborative, with the ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with colleagues.
• A critical thinker with problem solving skills.
• An effective communicator with the ability to write clear, user-friendly documentation for health purposes.
• Competent in using technical health software, with an ability to easily grasp new processes and technologies.
• Committed with an ability to work in a multi – disciplinary team.
About the region:
As New Zealand’s oldest city, it is famous for its stylish Victorian and Edwardian architecture as well its close proximity to marine based wildlife on the stunning peninsula. There is an intriguing mix of vibrant urban culture, wildly beautiful places and exceptional local cuisine. Picturesque golf courses, fishing opportunities, and stunning walking and biking trails only add to the diverse range of opportunities that this city offers.