- South Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is after a General Practitioner for permanent cover starting in March 2023 for 9 months.
- Further develop a model where rural general practice is the lynchpin of the medical workforce
- Focus your role on supervising and training interprofessional; medical and nursing workforces.
- Grow and support our RMOs and rural generalist (GP) trainees
- Work within a collaborative health care design system where you will be able to initiate change in practices
- Dedicated CME Allowance & practices that are responsive to ideas and changes from GP’s
In order to be successful, you will need to be eligible to gain registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
This modern hospital opened in July of 2020. It’s bright, modern, and designed to support the very best care. The views out to the coast and hills are stunning – the design makes the most of the natural light and beauty of the area.
The facility includes two negative pressure rooms, three operating theatres, Whanau/Family room & four transitional care units. The facility also houses a 24/7 emergency department, critical care unit, acute and planned medical and surgical services, urgent care, maternity services and outpatient care, radiology, laboratory, kitchen, allied health services and children’s ward.
ABOUT THE REGION
The area is known for the lush grassland and the vibrant, steaming rainforest. There are over 80 shops and the community has local amenities and a wide range of sporting groups who always welcome new members. The town is blessed with numerous wonderful natural attractions that are easily accessible and cater to all levels of fitness.